2018

Wow. It's a week into the new year, and this is my first post for 2018. It's been pretty hectic.

First, Vulpinoid Studios has begun to live up to its name. We have a visitor in the house who has seen to that.

Second, we've had a friend over for the holiday period. He's an old friend who has shared the Solstice-Christmas-New-Year weeks with us every year for the past decade, more a family member than a friend, he's helped us out in hard times, and we've done the same for him.

Thirdly, my computers are all dead to me... I'm typing this up on a Samsung Galaxy tablet which has become my primary computer, because my main laptop died, the back-up laptop is erratic at best (with no battery, and a dodgy power connection which means it drops out completely when bumped too hard), the second back-up  runs on Windows XP, and was good but just can't handle the desktop publishing I've been trying to work on and I can't source drivers for it now that the OS is obsolete. 

Fourth, most of my free time has been focused on getting the "Can of Beans" post apocalyptic LARP structure in place. That's seemed more important than blogging, because it has 30-odd players waiting to play it.

Then, two nights ago, I took part in a "Game Design Masterclass", and figured I needed to tell people about it using a platform more detailed than the standard social media channels. I'll provide those details in my next post.

This is shaping up to be an intense year, I'll finish my uni degree, which means there will probably be a major move of house to a rural community, and I'll have started my new career as a teacher of Industrial Arts (Woodwork, Metalwork, Design, etc.) and Visual Arts (Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, etc.). I have no idea where I'll be at the end of the year, and it's a bit daunting, but it's what I've been working towards for five years.

Anyway, Happy 2018 to everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)