RPGaDay2017 #11

Which 'dead game' would you like to see reborn?

A few years ago, I'd have said "Mutant Chronicles" or "The Classic World of Darkness" but both of them have been redone to varying degrees of success. The same with many of the other properties I've wanted to see redone and modernised. Nephilim has been done, iterations of Dr Who, Star Wars and Star Trek... even L5R is seeing a new version soon. 

Fantasy Flight Games have bought a lot of the game settings I'd like to see reborn, but they have a nasty tendency to make games that are far too expensive, often too fiddly compared to their originals, and often striped away of a lot of their original character.


I'd love to see Rackham's confrontation setting of Aarklash reborn, even through a rebirth of the Cadwallon RPG, but since FFG have it, I don't hold a whole lot of hope for it.


That's one of the reasons why I've been trying to revisit the rules and similar types of settings in many of the games I've been developing over the years.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)