Odd sizes??

How do people feel about "odd" book sizes?

I'm starting the process of compiling my arcology tower maps into a single book (which will probably be 160 pages or so). There will be two versions of this book, one of which will be fully statted out and ready to run as a sandbox game environment, the other will be fully illustrated, but designed to be used as a game prop that is filled in as the tower is explored by the characters (with an optional booklet describing random location/npc generation, and how to tie these random ideas together into a coherent ecosystem/economy).

I'm looking at the DrivethruRPG book sizes, and I'm really tempted to go with 8.5"x8.5", with the optional random generator booklet at 8.5"x5.5". But I can find it annoying to have a row of uniform books on my shelf, with one or two odd ones.

Just wondering about other people's thoughts before I go ahead with this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)