Bug Hunt has been Live for a Day.

The project is live at the Bug Hunt Indiegogo Page, but I'm not sure for how much longer that will be the case. One of my fears about the existing cost structure of Bug Hunt is the high cost of postage around the world and the relatively high manufacturing cost of a POD game.


The $50 price point is a powerful psychological barrier, it's also basically the break even point for this project...until postage is added in and then conversion rates applied. The basic level I think I need to break even on an Australian sale ends up at almost $90 Australian, and that's way beyond the psychological $50 barrier. It basically ends up as the cost of a small group of friends going to the cinema (without setting up a mortgage to pay for popcorn and drinks)...but that cost is spread out among a number of people.

The fact that it can be played multiple times reduces the "cost per hour of entertainment" factor, but that initial outlay is the kicker. I wish there were a way I could drop it further, but I don't want to lose money on this project, just for "exposure".

We'll see how things go over the next couple of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)