Post Apocalyptic Settlement

I've mentioned a couple of times over the past few weeks that I've been visiting with some Indigenous Australian elders, trying to get some good feedback on my game "Walkabout", and generally trying to engage the remaining culture of Indigenous Australia.

I've sat in on land council meetings, discussed the politics of prisons, police and government, helped make boomerangs, clapping sticks, and didgeridoos, I've even been given permission to use the indigenous symbolism of the local people in my artwork.

The environment where all this is taking place is so post apocalyptic that I just had to share it. These are some of the railway carriages currently being used to expand the complex.  
     



This is one of the railway carriages that has already been turned into overnight accommodation at the complex.


The elders needed a new sign for the front gate, pointing the direction to the office. For all the cultural feedback they've been giving me, I'm happy to oblige.


Once the current projects have been resolved, it'll be time to get back to work on Walkabout. I've told the elders about it, and they actually seem interested in me completing it. Profits from this project will go toward the land council and their ongoing efforts to protect the sacred sites around this region.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)