What's happening to Kickstarter?

So, I pledged to the Malifaux RPG kickstarter last week...only to find that my pledge has been cancelled because of a payment issue. When I go into Amazon payments it says that the pledge is still active...but as an Australian, I find it odd that my address is now considered somewhere in the USA, and there is no place to change my country back to Australia. 

I've previously pledged and paid for projects through Kickstarter and Amazon payments, so this hasn't been an issue before. I'm wondering if anyone else from outside the USA is facing this kind of issue? Or is Amazon payments (and therefore Kickstarter) becoming a thing for the USA, by the USA, and excluding the rest of the world completely??

Comments

Philo Pharynx said…
Officially, Kickstarter is US and UK only. (and the UK was recently added). From the terms of service - "International
Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where the Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws."
Vulpinoid said…
But the annoying thing is that I've successfully backed other Kickstarter projects.

I knew the US restrictions on trying to start a Kickstarter (and the recent expansion to the UK), but restricting backers to these locations seems a bit stupid. Especially when many projects are offering international shipping.

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)