Half Chance Cards

I like it when other people have good simple ideas. Especially when they offer these ideas in a way that I might be able to use them in my own projects.

Scott over on Meeplespeak has developed a great idea for a simple card mechanism that could be used to drive scene framing, or could be expanded to drive an entire game.


You basically get a card with a range of variables on it, and you flip a series of coins to see which variables are activated. I'm not going to try and describe it further, go and have a look at the link. Suffice to say, sometime you'll get a bit of detail out of a card, and sometimes you'll get a lot...and there is a simple procedure associated with them.

The cards could easily be adapted to any game or any genre; but some specific card ideas could really be used to focus a game.

I'm wondering if an idea like these cards could be integrated in one of my current projects, or if they'll just have to wait for something later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)